facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Review on my Sephora products!

A few weeks ago I wrote a blog post on what I bought at Sephora! Now I want to do a review on the products I purchased and let you know how I use them and if I like them or not! 

I bought two lipsticks one from Nars called Scarlet Empress and one from YSL called Rouge Pur Couture. I bought them both mainly for the autumnal weather and I do recommend for you to buy them too!



 
 



Scarlet Empress is a deep matte purple shade. I apply it in a way that makes it last all day. I use my RealTechniques Detailer brush to line my lips and apply a light layer all over my lips as well. After I have done that, then I will go over with the lipstick itself to make it a darker shade. This way, when I eat or drink something the color won't come off all the way because I already applied a first layer and that really sinks into my lips keeping them long lasting without staining them. 






Rouge Pur Couture I can only describe the color like a deep pink. I have never had a YSL lipstick before and this lipstick is the most moisturizing lipstick I have ever used. It is literally like I am applying lip balm to my lips. It also stays on for an incredibly long period of time and it is just the softest lipstick I have ever used in my life. I also feel like royalty when wearing the lip color because when people ask me what I am wearing I get to say YSL and that is just very satisfying :) 






I purchased a new face powder because for a very long time, maybe over a year now, I have used the Bare Minerals face powder and it is great but I just needed a change in my face powder so I turned to the Laura Mercier Rich Vanilla Pressed Powder. This is also mineral based so it can get flaky when applying it to your brush, but it does stay on for a long time. I have noticed that it can be a little glowy on my face and I'm still not sure if I like that or not. I usually apply a BB Cream or a liquid foundation before my powder because I do live in Florida and it gets HOT so I need something that will keep everything in place so nothing melts off. I like face powders that aren't heavy and have a lot of coverage. I like to show my blemishes because I know that I am not perfect and I love to embrace that side of myself to everyone who meets me.






Most of my eyeliners are from Urban Decay and I have never regretted buying an eyeliner from them. With my new purchase of the Ink For Eyes felt tip eyeliner, I still don't regret buying it. I think the eyeliners from Urban Decay bring something new to the table that is very different from any other company that sells eyeliners. They are super easy to use and I never ever have to pull on my eye to apply the eye liner which helps with not getting wrinkles to your eyes and it also takes me like 2 minutes to apply my eyeliner. I use this eyeliner when I do a cat eye or wing look and it really does a nice job to a finishing eyeliner look with a little flick at the end of my eye. On my Instagram I posted a picture showing off the flick eyeliner look if you would like to see that picture on there :) 






I am a huge lover when it comes to face masks. I usually put on a face mask once or twice a week. I enjoy my "me" time which always consists of a bath with my favorite Lush products, a face mask and body lotion. I have never used anything from Origins before but I have heard good things about their products so I thought why not give it a go? I bought the Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin. I love this face mask it clears up my skin super nicely and I can see the difference the next day. It does have a strong smell to it so sometimes I have to hold my breath while applying it but other than that I have had no other problems with this face mask!






The body butter I will now use for the rest of my life because it is perfect and I am in love with it is the Soap & Glory Butter Yourself super rich smoothing body cream. When I first bought this I was a little hesitant with using it because I hate applying lotion to my body and then sitting for days waiting for it to dry. Since this was a body cream which I know are usually heavy and usually takes forever to dry, but this one proved me wrong! It is literally a dream putting it on my body and I actually get excited to put it on me before bed - you can say that's lame I know it is - but it smells so amazing it is like summer and winter combined and those are my absolute favorite seasons and as you read more of my posts in the future you will notice that I am horrible at describing scents! So I apologize but I really encourage you to pop out and buy this body cream because it does its job and it dries so fast and it smells divine. 



Thank you for reading my post and if you like these reviews on make up or clothes let me know and I will keep writing posts like these :) 

What do you buy at Sephora?

xx






 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme