facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Classics

So I am a huge bookworm and proud of it, but unfortunately I haven't read many classic books. This weekend I went up to Jacksonville to visit a friend in college and we went to this cute little antique book shop and it had so many classic books and plays. I absolutely fell in love and made me want to read classic books so much more!






 I wanted to buy books and plays I have already read like Hamlet by Shakespeare or A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens..my favorites that I can think of at the moment. The books were in incredible condition and if you don't know, antique book shops like this one, the books are used and the original copies. I am a fan of buying books I don't really like the Kindle very much so this made me very very happy :).






 I picked up Moby Dick by Herman Melville and Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. 

When I was rummaging through the books and flipping through the pages to smell that amazing smell (if you're into books like this you know exactly the smell I'm talking about) basically like from the olden days is the best way I can describe it; I found a little surprise in my Moby Dick book.






 It was an article from a newspaper that was ripped out and I'm assuming used as a bookmark or something or another. I felt like a little investigator trying to find out what newspaper it was from and what year it was published! Doing my research the only thing I could get out of it when looking up was that it might've been published in 1937-1938. How incredible?! 



 Have you read these before? What classic books have you read? xo
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme