facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Urban Outfitters boycotting

Hi! So this post is going to be a little controversial and might bring a little ruckus about but oh well! I used to be in love with Urban Outfitters and just adore their stuff just like mostly everyone I know..no matter how expensive they are. 






Last year I saw they made a shirt that said "Eat Less" on it and that immediately struck me with confusion and anger. I am now totally against Urban Outfitters. As a woman and living in a world where physical appearance is one of the biggest problems and insecurities and how basically everyone judges everyone by physical appearance got me very angry. I couldn't believe Urban Outfitters actually made a shirt PROMOTING mental illnesses and trying to make a trend out of them!! I was appalled. I started doing more research and saw that Sophia Bush boycotted against them making her own shirt "0 Is Not A Size". 



 



So naturally, I went on Sophia Bush's side and got my own custom made shirt of "0 Is Not A Size" and started boycotting against Urban Outfitters as well. Since that day I have not purchased and will not purchase anything from Urban and knowing that people aren't aware of this terrible "fashion trend" they are starting, makes me more upset then you could ever imagine. 






If you are reading this, I want you to know from me personally even if I don't know you, that you are beautiful inside and out, physically and mentally. Being "skinny" or being this specific size isn't everything, actually it's nothing. I wish women and men didn't care so much about physical appearance because that does not matter. It's you on the inside and how your mind works and your opinions and what you do with your life that makes you who you are, not the physical appearance and Urban Outfitters should be helping women trying to achieve this self confidence not self-destructing by telling us beautiful women to eat less.



 I'm sorry for the ramble and this big commotion but I wanted you to know my thoughts about physical appearance and that you could be "skinny" and not be healthy or you are not "skinny" and you are healthy. It's the HEALTH that matters not the size. I am writing this post because I care about the women who are struggling with physical appearance confidence, not to start a debate or argument on my blog. 



I will begin to write blog posts every Friday and maybe Tuesdays! So watch out for more to come and I hope you all have a fantastic rest of the week! xo 





 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme