facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

My Christmas traditions!

Since Thanksgiving is over, I will now talk about Christmas! Yay! So Christmas is my favorite holiday of all time and I am a big holiday person. 


I love buying gifts, wrapping gifts, and giving gifts to my loved ones. That and decorating the house and trimming the tree are probably my favorite parts of the Christmas season. My mom and I listen to Christmas music usually all year around but it does sound a whole lot better in December of course!


The classic Christmas movies I love:

Miracle on 34th Street
How The Grinch Stole Christmas
 Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
The Holiday
 It's A Wonderful Life
 Elf
 Little Women
 Meet Me in St. Louis
 The House Without A Christmas Tree
 Frosty
 The Polar Express
 A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Nativity Story
Mickey's Christmas Carol




 I do watch a lot more but those are the ones that I can think of at the moment! For the past three years we have had a real Christmas tree and yes it is a lot more up keep then a fake tree but it is so worth it. If you haven't had a real Christmas tree have one this year! 


On Christmas Eve my family and I are allowed to open three presents from my mom - usually chuckling and jokingly giving the credit to dad. She always buys us a calendar for the new year, one book, and one additional present. We also get to exchange our Kris Kringle gifts. If you don't know what Kris Kringle is it is basically like Secret Santa - when you have a group of people and you put all of the names in a hat and everyone picks a name and whatever name you pick is the person you buy the present for! There are six people in my family so it is easier then buying everyone a gift - although my oldest sister always buys everyone a gift regardless of our rule!


We always go to Midnight Mass and wake up the next morning on Christmas day opening presents, watching more Christmas movies whilst eating candy from our stocking. After that, we always go out to the movie theater and watch another movie! My family and I are very big into movies if you haven't noticed! :)

p.s. My family also puts up a Menorah for my father's side and we say the prayers with our MeMa (grandmother)

What do you do for your Christmas or holiday traditions?

 xx, Lillie
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme