facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

What's An Affirmation?

Hi beautiful humans! Hope all is well with you. 


So of course when you're in college you learn A LOT, with yourself individually and who you want to associate yourself with. It's basically a big wake up call and slap in the face when you move to college. Once you get situated and have established yourself (which can take some time trust me it did for me) you finally feel like you belong and like people say you meet friends for a lifetime. Now I've only been in college for a semester and a half, but I can already notice the growth I have made and I feel so aware of who I want to be, and who I want to spend my days with. I've learned so much coming here and you really find your niche. 


For me, the incredible people I have met who I can truly call my friends, which I think is a very strong word and I don't use that often but I swear all of these people are my friends. The reason why I say these people are my true friends is because they actually CARE about me, they genuinely want to know when they ask me "how are you?" They want to know HOW YOU ARE DOING. Crazy right? I know. Not only are they genuine people but they are extremely selfless and not afraid to be affirming to one another. 


I've never gotten so many compliments in my entire life. And I'm not talking about compliments like you have really pretty eyes or amazing hair, which are good compliments too but these compliments have a little more substance in my opinion. They affirm me on how I treat others, and how much I care for people & they compliment me on who I am on the INSIDE. Which trust me, I want those compliments over physical compliments any day. It's easy to say, "you have really pretty eyes" but it isn't as easy to say "the way you care for people is how I want to care for people" that takes effort. Not only to see that in someone, but to get the courage to say that to someone. Seeing how they treat me makes me want to be a better person and now I am more aware and more observant of whomever I'm with and really taking in their personality and who they are. It's great to compliment someone on who they are as a person and to not expect anything out of it. My friends and I don't compliment people hoping they will compliment us back. They simply compliment that person because they truly believe it and want to make THEM feel good. It has nothing to do with them, it is so selfless and honestly so beautiful to see that they care about people in such a cherishing way. 


So I want to challenge you to affirm at least one person a day on something of their personality and not on their physical appearance. Really be aware of who you are talking to and take everything in on what they are saying and care about the person you are spending time with! It gives you so many benefits and makes life a bit better to live in. 




What do you say? Are you ready to be a better person? 


xx, Lillie
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme