facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Accountability Partners

We were made to love and to be loved. Coming to college made me realize that there is a lot of independence, a lot of hurt, and a lot of changes. With all of these changes occurring, you meet a lot of friends and they become extremely important to you and a big part of your life. They basically become your family away from your actual family since you are with them all the time and you really learn to be vulnerable and personal with these people.


Saying that, there can be a lot of hardships going on in your life and you need to find multiple accountability partners. What I mean by saying that is for example, my one friend knows that it is hard for me to confront people and to express my feelings towards them and so when she knows I'm having trouble with communicating with this friend, she will make it a point to remind me to speak to this person. She will know when I'm seeing this friend, so right before I'm about to meet up with them, she will send me a short text saying "Hey! Don't forget to bring up this and this to so and so". By her saying that, she is my accountability partner for me confronting my friends. 


I have many accountability partners and they are my friends. I have that title for them because I go to them specifically for a problem. I have another accountability partner for prayer. If I am struggling with something or if my heart is uneasy with something, I will call up my prayer accountability partner, and they will pray over me. I am also an accountability partner for many of my friends. Not only is it a great way to get closer with this person, it also gains a lot of trust and emotional attachment to this person which we all need in life. 


Knowing which friend I can talk to about a specific situation really helps me see their strengths in our friendship and helps me trust them in that specific area of my life. It's a beautiful thing to have in a friendship to know that, let's say, I'm freaking out about an exam coming up, I can call my friend who knows how to calm me down and lift me up in that specific area of my life which is school. 


So this week, I want you to try and find an accountability partner for three areas of your life that you are struggling with. You might already have these accountability partners but you're not labeling them as that. Go to that person, and let them know that they are your accountability person, not only does that make the friendship more clear on both ends, that is such a beautiful affirmation that you are giving to them and there will be more love in that friendship and you both will grow stronger together with knowing what you love about one another.


I hope this helps you figure out who your true friends are and who can go to in difficult situations.


Do you an accountability partner for something specific in your life? Let me know!





(I have many more AMAZING accountability partners but these are just a few of them) 


xx, Lillie
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme