facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Turning Off

How many hours do you think you're on the Internet or your phone a day?

How many hours are you watching Netflix or T.V. a day?

How many hours do you listen to music a day? 

When do you have silence during your day? 


Do you ever have complete silence for at least one hour during a day? When I mean silence I don't mean studying or doing homework in silence. I mean everything in silence. The outside noises and the inside noises. It's completely putting everything on hold and being with yourself. It sounds scary and honestly, at first when I started doing it, it made me feel super uncomfortable because it gets you thinking. You start to think about life and your day and the past and what you want for the future and what you could've done differently with this situation and then before you know it you're thinking of your imaginary children running around and making you crazy. Joking. But honestly, your mind starts going into places you've never been before. It's a great way to detox your mind and release some of your emotions that you might not know how to do. 

A lot of people always talk about doing detoxes for your body and going on these juice fasts but no one ever really talks about detoxing your mind. What helps me is to literally sit in silence for one hour everyday and my goal is to find peace. It's really hard getting into your feelings and being vulnerable with someone else, think about doing that with yourself and intentionally. These quiet hours of your day is supposed to be a time for you to release all of that extra energy that's holding you back from being the best you can possibly be for that day. Obviously, it can be hard to take a whole hour out of your day to do nothing but sit in silence, but I try to do it at least three or four times a week. It really helps my mind get healthier and prepare myself for any stress or anxiety situations that might occur throughout the day or the week to come. 

After doing this for a few months, I have really noticed a difference in my patience level, being at peace, and I'm able to take care of myself more than ever before and that is a really great trait to have that not everyone knows how to do. It can be hard to pamper yourself mentally so here is one way that I pamper myself mentally and I think you all should try it. Start off with once a week, and then gradually increase that one hour a week to two hours a week and so on.




Do you have any ways on "turning off"?

xx, Lillie 
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme