facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

D.E.A.R.

Do any of you remember in elementary school the acronym D.E.A.R.? It stands for Drop Everything And Read. As adults, or even teenagers, whatever age really I think we should still use that acronym on a daily basis. Our teachers always made us read for twenty minutes a day and it was great because our vocabulary grew as well as our imagination. I think all ages should still use this because I know that I don't read everyday for 20 minutes and if I did not only would my vocabulary be better but also my writing! 


I absolutely love to read and it helps with all aspects of my life honestly. It helps me with stress relief, I can escape the outside world for a bit and just snuggle up with a good book, definitely builds my vocabulary and it also helps me feel for people and be able to get in touch with other people's feelings because it broadens my horizons and opens my mind a bit more. So recently I went a little haywire with buying and borrowing a bunch of books. 


I wanted to show you the books I have on my list to read for the summer and maybe you can join me with reading these and maybe we can have a book club together? I think that would be really cool if we all read the same book at the same time and then when we finished reading it at the end of the month we could talk about what we liked and didn't like through the comments and have a  conversation. 


It will help me read more and you as well if I keep this up! Also, I've never been apart of a book club and have always wanted to be so this might be really fun too. I'm going to show you the book I'm reading now and give a little summary of what it's about and if you think it seems interesting please go out and buy it or borrow it from the library and start reading it with me I'm personally inviting everyone to D.E.A.R. with me this summer :)


The book I'm beginning to read is called The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga. The main character is named Balram Halwai and he is a servant, philosopher, entrepreneur, and murderer. Wow ha, that's a lot to take in! Basically the whole novel is about his life story and how he became the person he is today with all of the hardships in his life and and how religion doesn't create virtue, and money doesn't solve every problem but don't worry because decency can still be found in a corrupt world. I just summed up what it said on the back of the book. 




So what do you say? Wanna join in on this reading fest?


xx, Lillie
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme