facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Thankful Tuesday

Ello! 


As some of you may know, I went to Honduras in March and it TOTALLY changed my life. I became much more grateful for the things I owned, even the appliances we use everyday like hearing a toilet flush was so marvelous for about two months.. Slowly, that "high" of coming back from Honduras is slipping away and I'm moving on with my life and not realizing how easy we have it here in First World Countries. 


I would like to take a second and to just write down a few things that I'm thankful for so I don't forget the marvelous things we do have here and it will help me have more compassion for those who don't. 


For one, my fridge. I'm lucky enough to have two fridges in my apartment; one that is a community fridge and the other that is a small one in my room. I didn't even realize what a luxury it is to have cold food all the time. 


Another object I'm grateful for is my phone and laptop. I'm able to see all of my friends whenever I want and stay in contact with them on like 5 different social media sites. It saddens me to think that I made such a connection with the families I met in Honduras that now I will probably never see them again or know what is going on in their life. I get so sad thinking of them all the time and wondering what they are doing I can't even imagine having that same problem with my close loved ones as well.


The last thing I want to discuss that I am grateful for is my ability to read and write. Sounds simple, but we have such a privilege to be able to read and write and we take it for granted all the time. It's rare for me to know people who read unless they are English majors like myself, but most people I know do not read. That is something we should be doing everyday and really being grateful that we can do this! I love to read but I know that I do not read enough and I need to start.






What are some 'basic' 'simple' things you are thankful for? 


xx, Lillie 
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme