facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Love Yourself As You Love Your Neighbor

Hey fam!

So I was at a daily mass a few weeks ago and the priests homily was all about

 "love your neighbor as you love yourself" The Golden Rule.

Now I don't know about you but I definitely love my neighbor a heck of a lot more than I love myself. At times, I even forget that I am a human too. I can go days with helping people, saying yes to anyone who asks for my help and totally forgetting that I have my own needs and I need to take a second, sit down and just breathe to get my sanity back. It can be quite easy to get wrapped up in the world and what everyone else is expecting you to do for them. It can also be really easy to forget what YOUR body expects from you. I'm not just talking nutrition and health here, I'm talking mentally what your body needs from you.

Especially here in America, everyone is going going going and no one has time to just sit down and relax. That's a term that isn't used positively around here. When I think of a productive day I think of me being 110% THE ENTIRE DAY. That might seem a little extreme and maybe even unrealistic but hey, in my book it happens frequently and that's not always good. I feel as if the world has skewed the way we should behave in day to day life. The word selfish is such a negative term. Thinking about yourself IS NOT BAD. Sometimes I have to verbally say 'STOP' to myself if I"m doing too much for others and just doing the motions and there is no love involved.

I've had to learn how to prioritize myself better so I'm getting enough of my own day as well as others are getting enough out of me too. If your well is dry like mine has been recently, just stop and start to say no to people and say yes to yourself.

Start loving yourself as you love others


Enjoy a picture of me with crazy hair, you deserve it.


What are your thoughts? 

xx, Lillie



 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme